Diesel Generator Price In Nigeria – Everyone would love to have electricity round the clock and people invest in alternative sources of power supply to ensure that they always have electricity whenever they need it.
These alternative sources of power supply include generator sets which could either be diesel or petrol, inverters, solar panel etc.
There is no doubt you’ll want to know some brands of as well as prices of diesel generators. We are here to help you out with that.
Diesel Generator Price In Nigeria
- Kipor – Diesel Generator – KDE7000T 5.0KVA: 390,000 naira to 500,000 naira
- Firman – Diesel Generator – SDG15FS 15KVA : 1,900,000 naira to 2,730,000 naira
- Elemax – Diesel Generator – SHT25D – 3 PHASE 20KVA: 3,350,000 naira to 3,685,000 naira
- Lutian – Super Silent Diesel Generator – 5GF-LDEX 4.8KVA: 429,000 naira to 490,000 naira
- Elemax – Diesel Generator – SH15D 14KVA: 2,900,000 naira to 3,305,000 naira
- Kipor – Diesel Generator – KDE23S3 – 3 PHASE 19.5KVA: 2,620,000 naira to 2,882,000 naira
- Elemax – Diesel Generator – SHT25D – 3 Phase 20KVA: 3,000,000 naira to 3,600,000 naira
- Firman – Diesel Soundproof Generator – SDG 7000SE 5KVA: 350,000 naira to 410,000 naira
- Sumec Firman – Diesel Soundproof Generator 5KVA: 372,210 naira to 450,000 naira
A very popular choice for an alternative source of power supply is a generator and diesel generators are greatly loved by many. The reason for this is not far-fetched and we are going to look into it in detail.
Why people opt for diesel generators
1. Low long-term cost: Petrol generators consume more fuel than diesel generators. So you’ll spend more in fuel for a petrol generator than you would for diesel generator. This means that in the long run, you’ll be saving more on fuel if you went for a diesel generator. Diesel generators are also easier to maintain and manage than their petrol counterparts.
2. Support Availability: Just like we mentioned earlier, diesel generators are easier to maintain and manage and in a situation where it develops some fault it can be easily fixed by a mechanic. However, this is the right point for us to point out that when you want to purchase your diesel generator, it will be better if you go for a brand that the spare parts can be obtained easily.
3. Stability and performance: Diesel generators generally have stronger and more resilient engines than petrol generators. They are built to function well even in extreme weather conditions and will remain very effective even after a long period of usage. In addition most of the new diesel generators that are released into the market have low noise emissions.
4. After-Sale Value: Diesel generators retain much of their value even when they are already used. So consider the purchase of a diesel generator as an investment because when you don’t want it anymore you can still sell it for a substantial sum.
You cannot just go into the market and purchase any diesel generator that catches your fancy or that you can afford, there are some factors you need to put into consideration so that you will be able to get a diesel generator that suits you best.
You should know that there are different types of diesel generators; they can be small portable diesel generators or larger industrial diesel generators. There are also open frame diesel generators and close frame diesel generators. We are going to explain them all.
The small portable diesel generators are within the range of 1 KVA to 10 KVA and can be used to power homes, shops, offices and other small spaces. The large industrial generators are within the range of 8 KVA to 30KVA and more than that up to 2000 KVA. As you would have guessed the large industrial are for large spaces such as factories, malls, office complexes, power stations etc.
The close frame diesel generators are equally known as silent generators because of their very low noise emission and this makes them perfect to be used for the home.
Like we pointed out earlier, diesel generators still have good value even after they have been used, so if you want to go for an already used diesel generator just ensure that it is in good working condition so that you won’t have cause to regret later.
Before you finally decide on which diesel generator to go for, ensure that you are buying one that will be able to power all that you’ll need it to power.
This is so that you don’t go to purchase a small portable diesel generator when what you need is a large industrial diesel generator and vice versa.
Next important factor to consider is cost and this does not just apply to the price of the diesel generator but general running cost. It wouldn’t make sense for you to purchase a diesel generator and end up not using it because you didn’t have the resources to maintain and manage it.
More so, you need to know how to operate the diesel generator. Either that or you get someone who does to be operating it for you otherwise you’ll end up damaging the diesel generator and spend more money repairing it.
Ensure that the diesel generator you are going for is durable and very effective. Also go for one that the spare parts are easily obtainable so that there wouldn’t be any challenges if spare parts are needed for a repair.
Endeavor to also go for one that local mechanics have knowledge of and can fix very well, unless you have the means and resources to hire professionals from far to fix your diesel generator then you can go for any brand of your choice.
Most people are now fans of diesel generators and this does not come as a surprise. They consume less fuel than the petrol generators and are much easier to maintain.
It can also work for longer hours without any hitches as a result of its air cool and water engines. Their engines are stronger, more effective and last longer.
Nevertheless diesel generators emit more smoke and noise when in use and are more expensive than the petrol generators. Setting them up, also costs more.
SEE MORE GENERATORS
Filed under Generators Price In Nigeria