External Hard Drive – In this age and time when a lot of tasks are performed with the computer, an External Hard Drive is one of the gadgets that has proved to be very useful to save files as well as transfer files from one device to the other device.
You can also encrypt the hard drive to protect information that you wish to keep private.
If you go into the market today to purchase an external hard drive without knowing exactly which one you want to go for, you will really have a hard time picking.
There are a lot of external hard drives with different sizes and prices from a lot of brands.
And that is where we come in. We have put together a list of well-known external hard drives and their prices.
We also went ahead to point out some of the important factors that you have to consider so that you can get the external hard drive that suits you best.
External Hard Drive
- Seagate 500 GB: 9,000 NGN to 11,000 NGN
- Western Digital 500 GB: 10,000 NGN to 14,000 NGN
- Transcend 500 GB: 13,000 NGN to 15,000 NGN
- Samsung 500 GB: 13,000 NGN to 18,000 NGN
- Adata 500 GB: 12,000 NGN to 16,000 NGN
- Toshiba 500 GB: 12,000 NGN to 14,000 NGN
- EAGET 500 GB: 15,000 NGN to 20,000 NGN
- Zheino 70 GB: 7,000 NGN to 10,000 NGN
- Seagate 1 TB: 16,000 NGN to 25,000 NGN
- Western Digital 1 TB: 16,000 NGN to 25,000 NGN
- Transcend 1 TB: 20,000 NGN to 40,000 NGN
- Samsung 1 TB: 18,000 NGN to 28,000 NGN
- Adata 1 TB: 24,000 NGN to 28,000 NGN
- Toshiba 1 TB: 19,000 NGN to 28,000 NGN
- EAGET 1 TB: 30,000 NGN to 40,000 NGN
- Seagate 2 TB: 24,000 NGN to 32,000 NGN
- Western Digital 2 TB: 25,000 NGN to 35,000 NGN
- Transcend 2 TB: 33,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
- Transcend 4 TB: 45,000 NGN to 58,000 NGN
- Adata 2 TB: 30,000 NGN to 40,000 NGN
- Toshiba 2 TB: 30,000 NGN to 38,000 NGN
- EAGET 2 TB: 38,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
- Seagate 4 TB: 42,000 NGN to 49,000 NGN
- Seagate 6 TB: 70,000 NGN to 88,000 NGN
- Seagate 8 TB: 79,000 NGN to 100,000 NGN
- Western Digital 4 TB: 38,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
- Western Digital 4 TB (With Cloud Storage enabled): 100,000 NGN to 130,000 NGN
- Western Digital 6 TB (With Cloud Storage enabled): 140,000 NGN to 180,000 NGN
- Western Digital 8 TB (With Cloud Storage enabled): 160,000 NGN to 220,000 NGN
- Transcend 6 TB: 70,000 NGN to 85,000 NGN
- Samsung 2 TB: 30,000 NGN to 45,000 NGN
- Samsung 4 TB: 43,000 NGN to 55,000 NGN
- Samsung 6 TB: 60,000 NGN to 70,000 NGN
- Toshiba 4 TB: 43,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
Before You Buy
As we have mentioned earlier there are a lot of external hard drives available in the market that if you don’t know how to make your choice you might get one that you will not be so happy with later.
In this type of situation some people just grab the most expensive one out of the rack, well news flash the most expensive is not always the best.
To get the best External Hard drive that will serve you well and that you will enjoy, consider the factors that we are going to discuss below and that will help you get the one that suits you best.
This is the first that we are discussing because it is very necessary. Imagine spending money to purchase an external hard drive only for you to find out that it is too small for the files and documents that you want to save or transfer.
To avoid that make sure that you are getting a flash drive that is commensurate with the kind of files that want to store in the hard drive.
A mid-range flash drive will be okay for small files but if you want to use the external hard drive for large files or documents then you need one with large storage capacity.
Another important factor to take into consideration when you want to purchase an external hard drive is the transfer speed. While some might think that the memory capacity of the hard drive is all that matters, the transfer speed is also very important.
It is very annoying for files that you want to transfer quickly to be moving at a snail pace.
To ascertain how fast the drive transfer will be, the two main factors to consider are the storage technology and the connector it uses to transfer.
More so, there are external hard drives that are faster than others. For instance solid state drives (SSD) can run data faster than regular hard drives (HDD).
External Drive Durability and Portability
Go for quality external hard drives that will last for you. Also put into consideration that fact that you might have need to be moving your hard drive from place to place so it is advisable to go for one that is portable and not heavy.
If you want to protect the information on your drive from unauthorized access, it is best that you go for one that supports encryption soft wares. But if you feel that you have no need for this then don’t bother getting one with this feature.
Filed in Computer Accessories