Internal Hard Drives have become very popular over the years and are in high demand.
This is because everyone wants their computer to be fast and have the best performance and in a situation where the internal drive capacity of a computer system is insufficient, being fast and having the best performance is usually a challenge.
To tackle this, one can just go for a bigger and stronger internal hard drive and the computer will perform better.
In this write up we will not just furnish you with the prices of different internal hard drives, but we will also be bringing to your notice important factors that you have to put into consideration before settling for one.
Before we go into discussing those important factors you have to put into consideration while selecting an internal hard drive, let us get the issue of prices out of the way because we know that a lot of persons are more curious about this.
Here is a list of well-known internal hard drive and their prices.
Internal Hard Drive
- Seagate 500 GB: 4,000 NGN to 6,000 NGN
- Toshiba 60 GB (SATA III): 8,000 NGN – 11,000 NGN
- Western Digital 3 TB: 38,000 NGN to 47,000 NGN
- Transcend 256 GB (SATA III): 40,000 NGN to 51,000 NGN
- Samsung 500 GB (SATA III): 50,000 NGN to 67,000 NGN
- Dogfish 240 GB (solid state drives): 19,000 NGN to 24,000 NGN
- Seagate 1 TB: 15,000 NGN to 22,000 NGN
- Toshiba 250 GB (SATA III): 20,000 NGN – 30,000 NGN
- Dogfish 128 GB (solid state drives): 10,000 NGN to 13,000 NGN
- Transcend 480 GB (SATA III): 70,000 NGN to 77,000 NGN
- Seagate 2 TB: 20,000 NGN to 28,000 NGN
- Western Digital 4 TB: 48,000 NGN to 55,000 NGN
- Western Digital 10 TB: 135,000 NGN to 158,000 NGN
- Western Digital 8 TB: 110,000 NGN to 130,000 NGN
- Seagate 3 TB: 30,000 NGN to 42,000 NGN
- Seagate 4 TB: 45,000 NGN to 48,000 NGN
- Western Digital 500 GB: 8,000 NGN to 13,000 NGN
- Western Digital 1 TB: 13,000 NGN to 21,000 NGN
- Western Digital 1 TB (solid state drives): 40,000 NGN to 50,000 NGN
- Samsung 250 GB: 45,000 NGN to 53,000 NGN
- Samsung 256 GB: 45,000 NGN to 53,000 NGN
- Samsung 480 GB: 75,000 NGN to 85,000 NGN
- Dogfish 30 GB (solid state drives): 7,000 NGN to 10,000 NGN
- Dogfish 512 GB (solid state drives): 30,000 NGN to 38,000 NGN
- Toshiba 500 GB: 7,000 NGN – 10,000 NGN
- Toshiba 1 TB: 13,000 NGN – 16,000 NGN
Factors to Consider When Buying
As is very much expected there are different types, designs, sizes and qualities of Internal hard drives in the market that you might be carried away and end up getting one that you might regret buying later.
So apart from price, you have to take cognizance of the other factors that we are going to discuss so that you can make an informed choice.
The first factor you should think about when going for an internal hard drive is the storage capacity. You have to know the reason why you require an internal hard drive and ascertain the storage capacity that will be best for you. Take note however that the more the storage capacity of the internal hard drive you go for, the more expensive it will be. However, if all you use your computer for is surfing the internet and handling a small number of programs then a not so large storage capacity will serve you just fine.
Usually, the faster the RPM of your internal Hard Drive, then the faster the data entered into the computer will be processed. But just as it is with the Storage Capacity, the faster the RPM of your internal Hard Drive then the more expensive it will be.
So unless you run heavy programs with your computer, getting an internal hard drive with 10,000 RPM is not necessary. However if you can afford it and it is really what you want, then go right ahead.
You can also check out the current SSD (Solid State Drive) and SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) as they might be exactly what you need.
Should You Choose An Internal HDD or External Drive?
Although in this article we are focused on Internal Hard Drive, External Hard Drives are also very much available so it all really depends on the one you feel will serve you better. Hence think on the one you want putting the two options into consideration and be sure of the one you want before going to make the purchase. Nevertheless, this is not a once for all decision so if you go for one and later discover that the other option would have been better for you, you can still go for that one.
You should ask yourself the brand you are going for and it is best you make your decision on that before going to make the purchase.
Otherwise you will not find it easy selecting one as there are many brands, or you might take anyone that catches your fancy which might not be the best there is for you.
If you are having a hard time deciding on the one to go for, then do a little research, ask around and know the brand that people close to you patronized, why they did so and their experiences.
This will really go a long way in helping you decide on the one to go for. If you are still not sure then go for a popular brand because they didn’t get to be so popular if they didn’t know what they were doing.
Finally let us talk about the budget. This is a very important factor, because you might want a particular internal hard drive but if you can’t afford it there is really nothing you can do about it.
The best thing for you to do is to know your budget and find the best that your money can get for you at that particular time. You can always get another one later.
Filed in Computer Accessories